Update for March 2021
- Extension of General Community Quarantine (GCQ)
As of 27, Feb. 2021, President Duterte extended GCQ for National Capital Region up to end of March 2021.
2. Entry of Foreigner
Government issued a new policy for prohibiting entry of foreign national and most of Filipino other than OFW(Oversea Filipino Worker) from mar. 22 to Apr.21 due to the rapid increase of cases of COVID 19(NTF Memo 20210316)
Update for February 2021
1. Extension of General Community Quarantine (GCQ)
As of 25, January 2021, President Duterte extended GCQ for National Capital Region up to end of February 2021. Refer to the press release of the Office of the President — https://pcoo.gov.ph/news_releases/metro-manila-davao-city-to-remain-gcq-starting-february-1/
2. Entry of Foreigner
a. Those with valid and existing visas at the time of entry, and who were not permitted to enter the country under previous IATF resolutions; and
b. Holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV) and Section 9(A) visa, provided they present an entry exemption document to the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival.
That means SRRV and 9a visa holder still need a permission from DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) through relevant Government Authority. PRA issued Advisory 01-02-2021 for SRRV holder to obtain “entry exemption document” on February 15, 2021.
3. Extension of Temporary Suspension of Issuance of SRRV and 3 Years Valid ID
PRA decided to extend temporary suspension of issuance of SRRV due to pending review of entire SRRV program by third party provider. Please refer to PRA Advisory 2021.02.17
PRA also suspended the issuance of 3 years valid ID starting mid of February 2021. Please refer to PRA Advisory 2021.01.26
Travel pass is required starting Mar. 01 when Retirees(SRRV holder) exit the Philippines in accordance with PRA Advisory 02-02-2021.
Refer to the following links for more information:
Public Advisory: For Non-OFWs, Returning Overseas Filipinos & Foreign Nationals When Travelling to the Philippines — https://dfa.gov.ph/dfa-news/statements-and-advisoriesupdate/28575-public-advisory-forreturning-overseas-filipinos-foreign-nationals-when-travelling-to-the-philippines
2021 List of DOH-BOQ-Accredited QUARANTINE HOTELS in Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal & Batangas — https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07/doh-accredited-hotels-quarantine-manila/
Update for January 2021
As of 29, Dec. 2020, President Duterte extended GCQ for National Capital Region up to end of January 2021. Furthermore, entry of all foreigners from 20 major countries will not be allowed until Jan. 15 due to the new variant COVID-19. Refer to the attached Memorandum issued by Office of President. USA may be included to this list at later date.
Update for November 2020
1. GCQ was extended up to end of November for National Capital Region but there are slight relaxing of rules that are implemented such as shorten the time for prohibition outgoing, age limit for elder and child (20 below and to 60 above is now 18 below and 65 above) who are not allowed to go out, Restaurant are allowed to entertain and to provide meal in the table inside, Hotels are allowed to operate, etc. SIRV and 47(a)(2) visa holder are allowed to enter the Philippines.
2. PRA suspended the issue of SRRV for polishing of rules and regulation of SRRV especially age limit (35 above) due to suspect of numerous young Chinese that are working at POGO (On line Casino) illegally with SRRV.
(Refer to the attachment.)
3. PRA is requesting SRRV holder to fill up Member Information Registry within Oct 19, 2020, therefore urgent action is requested.
Notice to All SRRV Holders:
The Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) is currently updating its member information registry. As an ISO 9001:2015 certified GOCC, our Quality Management System incorporates this initiative as one of our Information System automation projects which aims to improve service to SRRV holders. This will also serve as a platform to update policies, projects, programs and other activities. It is hereby required that ALL SRRV holders visit this link https://pra.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/MEMBER-INFORMATION-REGISTRY.pdf to access/fill out the mandatory form and email at SRRVmember@pra.gov.ph not later than October 29, 2020. Thank you. PRA MANAGEMENT
President Rodrigo Duterte decided to continue GCQ (General Community Quarantine) for NCR (National Capital Region) for another month (Oct. 1 – 31, 2020). Certain restriction for operation of Public transportation, Government offices and Restaurants, etc. will be continued. No face-to-face classes in school, only online classes are allowed and elderly and children are prohibited to go outside their residences. PRA is open with 50% employee and work capacity and strict appointment needed ahead of visiting their office.
Travel ban for foreign nationals are still in effect except for spouse of Filipino national even they have long term visa such as SRRV, 9g, etc. However, PRA issued advisory for SRRV holders who needs urgent entry to the Philippines, they will be allowed if endorsement from DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) obtained and PRA will assist for it. Please refer to the attached Advisory.
1. Lock Down of Metro Manila was relaxed to GCQ from ECQ since Jun 01 and most of the public and private offices have started operation however Restaurant, Movies and like are still closed. (Refer to attached notice by IATF)
2. Foreigners are still not allowed to enter the Philippines. (Refer to attached notice by Bureau of Immigration.)
3. PRA opened on June 08 under the New Normal Operation. (Refer to attached two advisories.
You can download here the PRA Advisory regarding the current global crisis which is the Corona Virus Disease or COVID-19.
Summary of those are as follows
1. SRRV is valid during Enhanced Community Quarantine and Retirees in the Philippines can continue to stay in the Philippines. However entering to the Philippines is prohibited except for spouse of Filipino citizen even possessing SRRV.
2. PRA office is totally closed and all pending processing is on hold. Passport will be kept with PRA and will not be released to Retirees.
3. Foreigners are allowed to go out of the Philippines and move to Airport but they have to find the way of commuting by themselves.
Note: The period of Enhanced Community Quarantine is March 15 to April 12 originally, however it was extended up to April 30 according to the announcement on April 07.